Skip to Content


Scholarship Opportunities

Title IV-E Child Welfare Partnership Stipend:The School has two types of stipends currently available, including Title IV-E CWP stipends for child welfare services. The Title IV-E CWP stipends are available for the final field semester. These stipends, which are open to either BSW or MSW students, are competitive and require specific course prerequisites. Recipients receive a generous stipend in exchange for a contractual agreement to work in public child welfare after graduation. Title IV-E CWP stipends are also available to current CPS employees in qualified positions who are interested in completing the MSW program while they continue to work at CPS. Those who are interested in the Title IV-E stipends should contact Title IV-E CWP program or send an email to


BHWET & HRSA Stipend:

Also available are stipends provided by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) through the Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training (BHWET) Project for MSW students interested in working in schools, hospital/clinics, or homeless serving agencies. These stipends are meant to support MSW students during their final field semester. These stipends are also competitive and require specific standing in the program as well as completion of specific training modules. The BHWET stipends do not include a post-graduation contractual work agreement. Those who are interested in the HRSA BHWET stipends should contact Ms. Lindsey Anderson.


Financial Aid Information:

Students who are interested in financial aid should contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships  at 512-245-2315  to discuss financial needs and options.  The School hires work study students, positions which are open to all students, including Social Work students.